Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Tea threshold


Tea is refreshing . Tea is amazing. People who are addicted to tea know what a welcome drink it is. I not only take tea during winters but also on sultry hot days when temperatures reach 45 degrees celcius. Non tea drinkers will never understand what tea means and why people take tea in the middle of a hot summer afternoon. It is like lighting a cigarette on a hot summer day. . . for a smoker.
The conventional way to drink tea was with milk and sugar. I had this almost all my life sometimes spicing it with cardamom, cinnamon or ginger. Recently, I have developed a taste and passion for tea without milk and sugar, be it lemon tea or herbal green tea. I use it after a very heavy lunch or when I feel low or overworked. And it was more effective than the one with milk.
Tea is definitely better than coffee as far as its side effects are concerned. Then why do we always talk about meeting over coffee and not tea :)? I guess its a common man's beverage in India and therefore, we need to have more meetings over tea ;).

2 comments: