Saturday, May 16, 2009

Holiday to Choki Dhani in Jaipur



There a lot of reasons why you should visit this place

1. for the delicious unlimited cuisine.
2. For the fun and frolic
3. Then unique cultural set up

This was my second visit and I was still excited to revisit the place. I do not know how many of you have been there but it definitely is a great place for family.
The place is a 30 min drive from Statue circle in the heart of Jaipur.
Best time to visit: Winters: Nov-Feb due to the oppressive heat
The entry ticket is price reasonably at around Rs 350 per head and that includes entry as well as free dinner per the schedule. You are welcomed in a traditional Rajasthani way with a tilak on your forehead. As you enter, you can hear drumbeats and folklore music all around the place. The place is lit up with small village lanterns and u can see village type khaat to sit everywhere. There was a high machan. Though I climbed the machan, it was damn risky with the wood creakiing with my weight... and my fear of heights... We went for camel, elephant and bullock ride.
Hungry souls can find solace in the mouth watering pakoras and kullar tea which they serve. We then went to the caves where we were surprised by some tribals with long spears. I shrieked seeing one of them come to me with a spear. They were just trying to be playful... Then they dragged me to dance around the fire.. haha I still find it so amusing to imagine my sophisticated self dancing around the fire like a tribal. On the way, I tried my hand at a hookah and came out coughing too loudly.
As we moved on, we spotted a small hut with a fire place. When we went in, we were surprised by a woman cooking bajra rotis and lahsun ki chutney inside. We were welcomed and treated with the rotis accompanied by a lot of butter.
By this time, we were almost full of food but hungry for me.. We went to the dinner area where we sat on floors and were served delicious rajasthani food on pattals. After the initial few starters, I was so full that I pleaded the guy not to serve me more..And imagine, he threatened me to eat more or else he would not let me escape.. so much for the rustic hospitality.
The place is certainly a gourmets paradise. the more capacity to eat.. the better off you are at this place.. A must visit

No comments:

Post a Comment