Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Our obsession with Weight

Yesterday evening, I was walking towards my society when I was stopped by an aunty. She was one of them who sits right at the choupal and stop passers by to ask a question or two. My heart cried aloud... eeeeks.. what kind of questions will be thrown at me. . . I always missed her eye earlier but today was my day. And her smile made me shiver inside...

1. Aunty" so beta, tum to bahut patli ho gayee ho. Kya hua hai tumhe?"

2. Me thinking aloud "well well, i worked hard to get here". speaking aloud, " auntyjee bas yun hee. Thodi si exercise and dieting."
Aunty: " Beta, mujhe bhee bata na. Mai bhee bahut kam khaati hun, phir bhee kitni moti hun. Both my daughters are so fat. And look at the girl who stays below you flat. goddd she is so fat. who is going to marry her. Why don't you give her some advice too.
Ahem ahem... " sure aunty"

3. Aunty turning into agony aunt now "Beta, ab apne liye ek ladka bhee dhoondh le" Ahem ahem..
4. Me laughing aloud,"sure aunty... will do"

I quickly walked away cursing my bad luck to get caught here. We Indians, our obsession with our weight and others marriages. uffff

3 comments:

  1. well said,even we r working with the latest fad,we are so introverts weightissues which is directly connected to marriage and then kids.but then what else people who don't work has got to talk to?

    ReplyDelete